Hybrid Cloud Storage - Smart Data Storage for Hybrid Cloud | VNG Cloud
Hybrid Cloud Storage: Smart Data Storage Solution
Hybrid Cloud Storage is a collaborative solution between VNG and Cloudian that helps address storage management issues for businesses by using a combination of On-premise infrastructure and Public Cloud services.
The solution is a perfect fit for customers who have substantial data storage needs and require rapid access speeds on par with On-premise systems. Meanwhile, they seek data security and scalability on a level equivalent to on-cloud infrastructure.
With the ability to scale flexibly from terabytes to petabytes based on business needs, unlimited storage capacity, and easy scalability, it enhances data system operation performance.
Hybrid Cloud Storage meets a range of security standards in the Object Storage model, including Common Criteria Certification with EAL2 designation and FIPS 140-2 Data Encryption Validation, SEC Rule 17a-4(f), CFTC 17 C.F.R. § 1.31, FINRA 4511c, IDW PS 880 (German), and OR §§ 957ff (Swiss) regulations, and Data Sanitization standards specified by NIST 800-88.
- High compatibility with backup solutions, recovery, file storage, or sharing applications from VMWare, Veeam, Veritas, Open Shift, etc.
- Ability to integrate with Public Cloud environments (Tiering: Google, Amazon).
With Hybrid Cloud Storage, you can easily retrieve stored data:
- Easy to find and visualize on-demand assets.
- Searching metadata effectively with Elastic Search.
- Supporting data-driven insight discovery.
Compatible with most popular backup solutions:
- 70% less cost than backup appliance.
- 100X faster access than Tape.
- Policy-based replication to Remote Site or On-Cloud.
Your critical data will be fully protected:
- Data is duplicated into 3 copies on 3 different servers (rep = 3).
- Advanced Encryption Standard AES – 256.
- Supporting WORM (Write one read many) to help protect data, preventing users from deleting or modifying content.
- Versioning helps retain content files even after deletion or overwriting.
HyperFile NAS Controller - Combination of File storage & Object storage in one solution
- Providing the full functionality of an Enterprise NAS.
- Multi-protocol access: SMB/NFS/FTP.
- AD+LDAP authentication.
The Hybrid Storage supports cache data at the customer's on-premises storage.
- The addition of the cached data located on the customer's premises will help administrators quickly access it without depending on Internet bandwidth.
- The data after being processed will be automatically synced to the cloud immediately to help ensure safety.
Why choose Hybrid Cloud Storage?
Discover success stories from VNG Cloud's customers, explore how cloud solutions help businesses overcome challenges in management and operations.
- Quick deployment, can be set up in just 2-3 days.
- Stable infrastructure, ensuring smooth operation of CRM and IP call center systems.
- Great interworking capability, assisting Neyu in resolving issues that occur with external vendors.
- Expert team ready for 24/7 technical support.
Hybrid Cloud Storage involves managing cloud storage by utilizing both on-premises and off-site resources. This approach allows organizations to augment their internal data storage with the capabilities offered by public cloud storage.
By utilizing policy engines, frequently accessed data is retained on-site, while less active data is seamlessly migrated to the cloud, maintaining an efficient data storage system.
- Flexibility in workload management: Businesses can easily move workloads between on-premises, private clouds, and the public cloud, hosting data and applications where they are most suitable.li>
- Ideal for containerized workloads: Hybrid clouds are well-suited for companies using containers, as these workloads can be easily moved between on-premises and cloud environments as needed, with the help of cloud management platforms.
- Cost reduction: Organizations can save costs by leveraging existing private cloud infrastructure and using public cloud resources for additional capacity when required.
- Enhanced control and compliance: Hybrid Cloud Storage provides greater control, especially for organizations with regulatory compliance requirements.
- Cost of hardware and software: Companies need to invest in the necessary hardware and software for the on-premises portion of the hybrid cloud.
- Complexity and expertise requirements: IT staff must possess a certain level of expertise to maintain the private cloud effectively. Hybrid clouds are often more complex than using a cloud-native service due to the integration components needed to mesh on-premises storage with various public cloud platforms.
- The choice between Public, Private, or Hybrid Cloud Storage depends on an organization's specific requirements. For businesses with critical and proprietary data, on-premises or private cloud storage can ensure enhanced security. However, a hybrid approach can be considered if a private cloud alone falls short of meeting your needs.
- On the other hand, organizations that don't require strict data security and regulation can opt for the cost-effective option of public cloud storage.
Hybrid Cloud Storage offers a wide range of practical applications, with some of the most common use cases being:
- Data archiving: Cloud-based storage serves as an ideal solution for moving less frequently accessed, aging, or archival data, ensuring better protection and cost-effective storage.
- Increasing storage capacity: Public cloud storage complements on-premises resources, resulting in expanded overall storage capacity.
- Data versioning: Leveraging cloud storage for immutable data storage safeguards against ransomware attacks and allows for the retention of multiple file versions.
- Workload migration: Smooth migration of workloads, especially those associated with containers, to the most suitable location based on performance and cost considerations.
- Data migration: Hybrid clouds provide flexibility in placing data close to the workloads that require it, optimizing data access and performance.